This involves funding and delivering a range of early intervention, statutory and support services across areas including child protection, out-of-home care, family violence, youth justice and youth affairs.
Visit our children, youth and families pages for more information about our current services.
Roadmap for Reform
In April 2016, the Victorian Government officially launched the Roadmap for Reform: strong families, safe children to improve services for children and families.
This reformed system will provide:
- A ‘whole-of-community’ response
- Comprehensive needs and risk assessment
- Services that work together to meet needs and address risks
- Coordinated responses
- Tailored and effective interventions.
To deliver this vision, the Roadmap sets out initial actions to progress three reform directions:
- Building supportive and culturally strong communities and improving access to universal services
- Supporting children, young people and families in need with integrated wraparound supports and targeted early interventions
- Strengthening home-based care and improving outcomes for children and young people in out-of-home care.
They will be developed collaboratively across government to ensure alignment with other major reform programs, in particular the Government’s response to the Royal Commission into Family Violence.
Visit our Strong Families Safe Children website for more information about the Roadmap for Reform.