Departmental staff can help connect you with housing support and support for families, women, youth and people with a disability.
- Ararat Office
- Bairnsdale Office
- Ballarat Office (State Government Offices)
- Benalla Office
- Bendigo Office
- Box Hill Office
- Broadmeadows Office
- Cheltenham Office
- Colac Office
- Dandenong Office
- Echuca Office
- Fitzroy Office
- Footscray Office
- Frankston Office
- Geelong Office
- Hamilton Office
- Horsham Office
- Leongatha Office
- Mildura Office
- Morwell Office
- Portland Office
- Preston Office
- Sale Office
- Seymour Office
- Shepparton Office
- Stawell Office
- Sunshine Office
- Swan Hill Office
- Traralgon Office
- Wangaratta Office
- Warragul Office
- Warrnambool Office
- Wodonga Office
While any department office can connect you with housing support, the offices listed below currently only provide housing support. For other matters, you should contact one of the DHHS offices listed above.
- Housing Call Centre - phone (24 hours)13 11 72
- Housing Call Centre - email tenant maintenance requests email@example.com
- Housing Call Centre - online maintenance request Non-urgent repairs form
- Housing Call Centre - email all other enquiries firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lift services emergency reporting (24hr service) 1800 066 088
- Ascot Vale 12 Churchill Avenue, Ascot Vale 3032 - (03) 9371 6200
- Carlton 480 Lygon Street, Carlton 3053 - (03) 9341 8200
- Collingwood 229 Hoddle Street, Collingwood 3066 - (03) 9417 5144
- Fitzroy 90 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy 3065 - (03) 9093 5000
- North Melbourne 33 Alfred Street, North Melbourne 3051 - (03) 9326 6377
- Prahran 259 Malvern Road, South Yarra, Vic, 3141 - (03) 9096 9996
- Richmond 112 Elizabeth Street, Richmond, Vic, 3121 - (03) 9429 5174
- Ringwood 25 Ringwood St, Ringwood 3134 - (03) 9871 5199
- South Melbourne Level 2, 120 Clarendon Street, Southbank 3006 - (03) 9096 1800
Child Protection business hours: 8.45am - 5.00pm (Monday - Friday)
During business hours, ring the number covering the local government area (LGA) where the child lives.
North Division Intake - 1300 664 977
North Division has one child protection intake located at DHHS Preston covering the following areas and LGAs:
Banyule, Buloke, Darebin, Campaspe, Central Goldfield, Gannawarra, Greater Bendigo, Hume, Loddon, Macedon Ranges, Mildura, Moreland, Mount Alexander, Nillumbik, Swan Hill, Whittlesea, Yarra.
South Division Intake - 1300 655 795
South Division has one child protection intake located at DHHS Dandenong, and covers the following areas and LGAs:
Bass Coast, Baw Baw, Bayside, Cardinia, Casey, East Gippsland, Frankston, Glen Eira, Greater Dandenong, Kingston, Latrobe, Mornington Peninsula, Port Phillip, South Gippsland, Stonnington, Wellington.
East Division Intake - 1300 360 391
East Division has one child protection intake located at DHHS Box Hill covering the following areas and LGAs:
Alpine, Benalla, Boroondara, Greater Shepparton, Indigo, Knox, Manningham, Mansfield, Maroondah, Mitchell, Moira, Monash, Murrindindi, Strathbogie, Towong, Wangaratta, Whitehorse, Wodonga, Yarra Ranges.
West Division Intake - Rural and regional only - 1800 075 599
West Division has one child protection intake located at DHHS Geelong covering the following rural and regional areas and LGAs:
Ararat, Ballarat, Colac-Otway, Corangamite, Glenelg, Golden Plains, Greater Geelong, Hepburn, Hindmarsh, Horsham, Moorabool, Moyne, Northern Grampians, Pyrenees, Queenscliffe, Southern Grampians, Surf Coast, Warrnambool West Wimmera, Yarriambiack.
West Division Intake - metropolitan only - 1300 664 977
West Division Metro area reports are managed by North Division Intake located at DHHS Preston for the following areas and LGAs:
Brimbank, Hobsons Bay, Maribyrnong, Melbourne, Melton, Moonee Valley, Wyndham.
After hours Child Protection Emergency Service - 13 12 78(5.00pm - 9.00am Monday - Friday, 24 hours on weekends and public holidays)
A state-wide after hours emergency service that receives new reports, as well as concerns for existing child protection clients who are considered to be at immediate risk and require urgent after hours service.
Read more about reporting child abuse on the Services website.
- Family Information Networks and Discovery - to enquire about adoption and family records
- Concessions Help Line 1800 658 521
- Library (State Government) 1800 742 733
- Carer Card hotline 1800 901 958
- Victorian Emergency Recovery Information line 1300 769 926
- Protected disclosures 1300 131 431
- Colanda Residential Services, Forest Street, Colac 3250(03) 5231 4400