The Department of Health & Human Services will continue its focus to achieve the best health, wellbeing and safety for all Victorians, led by Secretary Kym Peake.
Our department will now serve five ministers:
- Minister for Health and Minister for Ambulance Services, Jenny Mikakos
- Minister for Mental Health, Martin Foley
- Minister for Housing, Richard Wynne
- Minister for Child Protection and Minister for Disability, Ageing and Carers, Luke Donnellan
- Minister for the Prevention of Family Violence, Gabrielle Williams.
Our department will also be strengthened with the move of Maternal Child Health and Early Parenting programs into the Health portfolio from the Department of Education and Training.
The work on leading the competitive, commercial process to transfer government-delivered disability services to the non-government sector will return to our department from the Department of Premier and Cabinet (DPC).
The Offices for Women and Youth Affairs will move to DPC to be part of a new, Fairer Victoria Division.
Sport and Recreation Victoria will move from our department to a newly formed Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions.
The changes will take effect from 1 January 2019.
Visit Our ministers for more information.